CLFMI’s 2016 Summer Meeting will offer a diverse and fascinating blend of colonial America, gorgeous scenery among the wine and horse County of Virginia, and proximity to one of the world’s leading universities from July 13-15, 2016 at the Keswick Hall and Golf Course in Keswick (Charlottesville), Virginia. Make plans (and room reservations) early for the certain-tobe-sold-out event.
Keswick Hall is located just minutes from downtown Charlottesville, Virginia in the central part of the state. It is surrounded by locations that spell out much of the history of the United States, including nearby Monticello, home of Thomas Jefferson, and dozens of Civil War sites, such as Appomattox, where the War ended with General Lee’s surrender. Charlottesville is the home of the University of Virginia, with its beautiful campus and world-renowned academic excellence. The rapidly growing (in size and influence) Virginia Wine Country is all around the resort, with vineyards that have been producing for hundreds of years.
Delta, United and American Airlines serve the Charlottesville-Albemarle Airport (CHO), about 25-30 minutes from Keswick Hall. By car, Keswick Hall is approximately 1 hour from Richmond, 2 hours from Washington and 3.5 hours from Baltimore.
Keswick Hall, combined with Keswick Club, offers guests a wide variety of opportunities for recreation and relaxation including; the Pete Dye golf course, seven lit tennis courts, three swimming pools including an infinity edge lounging pool, fitness facility, full-service spa, retail shops, complimentary bicycles, miles of nature trails, archery, and other activities.
As always, business casual if the “official” attire for CLFMI Summer Meetings. The Thursday evening theme party is very casual and is planned to be at least partially outdoors.
2016 Summer Meeting Schedule
Wednesday, July 13
- Noon-6:00 pm – Arrival day at Keswick Hall. Check in to the Hotel, and check out the beautiful setting, the activities, walking trails, the fitness center, or the infinity pool.
- 3:00 pm-6:00 pm – Board of Directors Meeting
- 7:00 pm – Welcoming Reception and Dinner
Thursday, July 14
- 7:45 AM – Continental Breakfast
- 8:15 AM – Business Meeting start. We are working hard to line up the very best speakers for this session. Details on speakers will be sent as confirmations are made.
- 9:30 AM-11:00 AM – Spouses and Guests Program For spouses and guests not attending the Business Meeting will be treated to a morning of history and culinary enjoyment as they learn about the secrets of colonial cooking.
- 12:30 PM – 5:30 PM – Optional Golf Outing Golfers will love the beauty and convenience of Keswick’s new on-site championship course, Full Cry, by famed golf course designer Pete Dye.
- 12:30 PM – 5:30 PM Optional Afternoon Activity Journey Back to Jefferson’s Time Monticello, Thomas Jefferson’s famed plantation, is a testament to his influence and ingenuity.
- CLFMI members and guests will enjoy a leisurely lunch, followed by a tour of Monticello. The afternoon will be topped off by a wine-tasting stop at one of the local vineyards inspired by Jefferson’s vision of the potential of Virginia winemaking.
- 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM – Keswick Hall Dinner We’ll finish the day with a CLFMI tradition – an evening of fun and games followed by a sumptuous dinner, all enjoyed as the sun sets over the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. You never know what activities we have in store but they are sure to bring the group together and challenge everyone’s creativity.
Keswick Hall Dinner We’ll finish the day with a CLFMI tradition – an evening of fun and games followed by a sumptuous dinner, all enjoyed as the sun sets over the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. You never know what activities we have in store but they are sure to bring the group together and challenge everyone’s creativity.
Friday, July 15
- 8:30 AM – Closing Program All members and guests are invited to enjoy a full breakfast and our closing program on Friday morning. Be prepared to participate, as always, as we present speakers to inform and challenge everyone.
IMPORTANT SUMMER MEETING CONTACT INFORMATION
Reminder: Attendees are responsible for their own room reservations. Keswick Hall and Golf Club 1-888-778-2565 (reservations) Cut-off date to guarantee reservations: June 12, 2016, Questions: Call CLFMI Headquarters 301-596-2583
Special Sleeping Room Options at Keswick Hall Due to its origins as a private residence over 100 years ago, Keswick Hall offers a completely unique experience for CLFMI members and guests. Since no two rooms are exactly alike, attendees will have a range of room styles, amenities, and prices to choose from (yes, the room sizes and amenities go up with the rates).Please note that there are limited selections in each category, and once those are selected members will need to pick a different category. CLFMI will be using all of the rooms at Keswick on Wednesday and Thursday nights, and the majority of the rooms on Friday night.
Once the CLFMI room block is sold out, all rooms will be on a standby basis only and the reduced CLFMI rates will not be guaranteed. We urge you to go to the Keswick website to get further information about these beautiful and historic accommodations. To reserve your room, please call Keswick at 1-888-778-2565
Room Types, Descriptions, and Rates
Superior Rooms – are spacious and feature a king-sized bed and spacious bathrooms, each offers a beautiful view of either the golf course or the gardens. $279.00
Deluxe Rooms – feature a king-sized bed, a sitting area and a gracious view of the golf course or the lush countryside. $299.00
Junior Suites – feature a large sitting area with comfortable chairs and a coffee table and a king sized bed. $319.00
Deluxe Balcony Rooms – have sitting area, a large private balcony and a view of the golf course or the estate’s wooded drive. $344.00
Note: There is also a $37 resort fee which provides wireless internet service, valet parking, daily paper, full use of fitness center and pools, welcome beverage upon arrival, twice daily housekeeping & turndown service, and a $2 donation to the Thomas Jefferson Foundation
CLFMI 2016 SUMMER MEETING
ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM
You need to make your own room reservations directly with Keswick Hall at 1-888-778-2565 by June 12, 2016 to guarantee CLFMI room rates.
NOTE: Please contact CLFMI for special registration fees for children under 12. Please return this form along with a check (payable to CLFMI) to: Chain Link Fence Manufacturers Institute 10015 Old Columbia Road Suite B-215 Columbia, MD 21046 301-596-2583 (ph) 301-596-2594 (fax)